Cole Porter Festival Director job description
We are looking for an energetic and highly motivated director to oversee and organize the Cole Porter Festival, which occurs the 2nd weekend in June annually, Thursday - Sunday. You’ll ensure that various events are successful, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
Our director is, above all, a diplomat. You’ll need to work with community leaders, direct volunteers, work with sponsors when needed, and get to know our various venue managers. You’ll interact with our attendees and donors during the festival.
You’ll also need to understand marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see an enthusiastic candidate with fresh ideas and excellent organizational skills.
· Plan the Cole Porter Festival from start to finish with the assistance of the Cole Porter Committee
· Prepare agendas and run monthly committee meetings
· Come up with suggestions to enhance the Festival’s success
· Prepare the budget and ensure adherence
· Recruit and coordinate volunteer leadership
· Lead promotional and marketing activities for the Festival
· Coordinate advanced ticket sales through direct mailing, physical checks, credit card payments, and PayPal
· Coordinate walk up ticket sales during festival.
· Ensure the Festival is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
· Analyze the Festival’s success and prepare reports
· Write grants, including the Indiana Arts Commission grant
· Proven leadership experience
· Knowledge of event marketing techniques
· Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
· Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
· Customer-service oriented
The Director will be compensated in an amount equal to fifty percent (50%) of the net profit of the festival.